Our Facebook page and blog are open to everyone and we’d love to hear from you – we just ask that you follow the house rules. We’ve tried to keep the rules to a minimum, but we will strictly enforce the rules we do have:
- Respect others, including blog/post authors and moderators. No defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive, obscene, harassing, harmful, inflammatory or racist contributions, and no personal attacks or comments that incite violence.
- Keep comments constructive, on-topic and to an appropriate length. No need to make your point multiple times in multiple posts – once is perfect.
- No advertising or spam. Please don’t bother – it will just be deleted!
- Be careful about posting contact details; never post your (or anybody else’s) address.
- Mind your language; remember that children read this site.
- Likewise, no offensive or inappropriate user names.
- And we’re not going to debate whether climate change is real. Sorry but that’s not up for discussion and like reddit.com’s science forum, we’ll warn and then ban people who try to stir up that old chestnut. It’s not helpful, constructive or representative of scientific consensus.
We want to develop a friendly, safe and vibrant community where people feel they can express their opinions and get into discussions without fear of personal attack so anyone breaking these rules three times will be banned from commenting, and we reserve the right to use our discretion at how these rules are interpreted and who is banned. If you’d like to complain about any of the comments posted, please email us with the details.
So, with that out of the way, please get stuck in, have fun and comment away! We can’t promise to reply to every comment but we do read them all, and if you see a comment going unanswered, please feel free to jump in yourself.